Chuck roast is one of the most delicious meat dishes and there are countless recipes.
I present to you my 5 favorites. Some are incredibly simple, I make this one when I’m short on time. Some need more ingredients, but they are not too difficult to prepare. The great thing about these chuck roast recipes is that they require a long cooking time but are easy to make. They are tasty and juicy.
Chuck Roast Delight
- 3 lb. chuck roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place roast in thick foil.
- Cover with mushroom soup; sprinkle onion soup mix over soup.
- Seal the roast in full and bake at 350 F for about 3 hours.
New England Chuck Roast
- 3 lb. beef chuck
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 2 quartered onions
- 1 stalk celery cut in 8 pieces
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 small cabbage cut in 6 wedges or 1 large turnip, cut in quarters
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 4 quartered carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 c. water
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and basil.
- Place vegetables in crock-pot; put meat on top.
- Add bay leaf, vinegar and water. Cover pot and cook 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat. Turn to high heat and add cabbage or turnip.
- Cook 20 minutes (cook meat at low temperature).
Marinated Chuck Roast
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 Tbsp. onion flakes
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. meat tenderizer
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 lb. chuck roast with bones or boneless 1 1/2 to 2-inches thick
- Mix oil and vinegar and pour in dish big enough to hold roast. Coat each side of roast with other ingredients.
- Then piece roast with cooking fork several times on each side.
- Place in oil and vinegar mixture and cover with aluminum foil.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours, turning roast several times.
- Cook on medium to low heat grill for 20 minutes.
- Turn and cook 20 minutes more.
- Slice thin to serve.
Barbecue Chuck Roast
- 3 lb. chuck roast 1/2 to 3-inch thick
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients.
- Plus add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Marinate 2 to 3 hours.
- Place on grill and baste.
Texas-Style Chuck Roast
- 3 lb. chuck roast 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 can crushed pineapple 20 oz
- 1 can whole tomatoes, chopped 16 oz.
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1/2 can packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. dried red peppers
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In large skillet, brown roast on both sides in hot oil over medium-high flame.
- Remove roast to a 3-quart shallow casserole. Add garlic and onion to skillet; reduce flame to medium-low and saute until onion is soft.
- Add undrained pineapple and tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, mustard, peppers and salt.
- Stir to blend. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over roast.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in 350 F gas oven 1 hour.
- Remove foil; bake 30 minutes longer or until beef is tender.