Chicken is the easiest meat to make into a variety of foods. But don’t just stick to simple roast chicken or chicken soup, let’s vary this tasty meal.
It’s easy to get bored if you keep repeating the same thing over and over again, so here are 10 chicken recipes to refresh your skills in the kitchen and impress your family or guests.
Chicken Breasts In Lemon Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. large capers drained (if desired)
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally to make 2 thin slices. Coat with flour.
- Heat butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken and garlic in butter for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once until chicken is brown.
- Add wine and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat until hot.
- Sprinkle with capers.
If you want to get your lunch on the table quickly, chicken breast is a good choice, but chopped chicken is also perfect.
Chicken, lemon, or lime are very good together, and in this easy recipe, the lemon juice gives the sauce and the meat a distinctive flavor.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 shallots chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. fettucini cooked and drained
- 1 chicken cooked, deboned and sliced or chopped
- In double boiler, melt butter with bouillon cubes.
- Mix in shallots, cream, mushrooms, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer until mushrooms are soft and cheese is melted.
- Add cooked chicken; heat until warm.
- Pour sauce over noodles, tossing gently. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley.
This chicken fettuccine will not only be a favorite of adults, but probably also of children. It’s an easy, simple pasta meal and most of us love pasta dishes, especially this one. It is probably one of the most popular pasta dishes in the world because it is quick to prepare, very tasty, creamy, cheesy, and has endless variations.
The recipe above is one of my variations, but you can enrich the basic recipe in any way you like, the main ingredients are butter, parmesan and cream, the rest is just a matter of imagination.
Easy Hungarian Chicken Stew
- 2-2,5 lbs chicken pieces thighs, breasts, and wings.
- 1 piece white onion
- 1 piece tomato
- 1 piece bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. dried red pepper (paprika)
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbps sour cream
- Cook the finely chopped onion, tomatoes and peppers in a saucepan.
- Add the dried red pepper and mix.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix again.
- Add half a cup of water, cover and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- When the meat is cooked, stir in a large tablespoon of sour cream.
Do you like juicy food? With this special recipe, you’re sure to be a hit with family and friends. It’s best served with fusilli or farfalle pasta, but it’s also delicious with rice or boiled potatoes. This easy-to-make chicken special is surprisingly delicious.
Baked Zesty Italian Chicken
- 4 to 5 breasts deboned and skinless
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 can Italian bread crumbs
- Prepare chicken for baking.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour Italian dressing over chicken.
- Top with Italian bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
If you don’t feel like making the Zesty Italian dressing when you go out for your weekly shopping trip, don’t forget to add Zetsy’s Italian dressing to your basket because it’s also a great combination with chicken. You can also serve it with rice, quinoa, or mashed potatoes for lunch or dinner. You can have this easy and tasty dish ready in 15 minutes.
Poppy Seed Chicken
- 5 or 6 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 box crackers 1 pack of 4 pack box
- 1/2 stick oleopoppy seed
- Cook chicken and cut in bite size pieces.
- Add soups, sour cream and lemon juice; mix well.
- Melt oleo, crumble crackers over chicken mixture which has been put in a baking pan.
- Drizzle oleo over the crackers.
- Sprinkle poppy seed over the mixture and bake 30 minutes at 350°F
Did you know that poppy seeds can help regulate cholesterol levels, slow ageing and aid digestion? It’s all true. That’s why I’ve brought you a chicken recipe that you can hide some poppy seeds in to keep yourself and the family healthy.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms 2 c., thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 8 oz. pkg. yogurt
- hot cooked noodles
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add onions.
- Saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes longer.
- Remove vegetables from skillet; reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add chicken and garlic.
- Cook as for stir-fry. Return vegetables to skillet.
- Add broth and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch.
- Stir into skillet mixture. Over medium heat, bring to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- Heat gently over low heat (do not boil).
- Serve over noodles.
Chicken stroganoff is one of my personal favorites. Anything made stroganoff style is delicious, but combining chicken with mushrooms and yogurt is going to be a hit. It takes a little longer to make but it still makes a family dinner in 30-40 minutes.
Chicken And Pasta Salad
- 1 8 oz. pkg. egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and cut up in small pieces
- seedless green grapes
- sliced almonds
- Dressing: Mix mayonnaise, Ranch dressing, creamy Italian dressing and a little sugar together and blend to taste.
- Pour over and toss.
This chicken and pasta salad is best eaten cold, either freshly made or the day before. You can make a big bowl, as it’s also a good snack for work or school.
I’ve given you a basic recipe that you can vary further by adding corn, broccoli or even crispy fried bacon on top.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 lb. cheese
- 1/2 bag Doritos taco flavored, crushed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Ro-Tel
- Boil chicken in water. Cool and cut into pieces. Put in a 9 x 13-inch dish. Place on top of chicken in following order: chopped onion, grated cheese and crushed Doritos.
- Mix soups and pour over chicken; then pour can of Ro-Tel over top. Cover with remaining Doritos. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
Who doesn’t love crunchy Doritos? Well, now you can spice up your chicken with it. It’s up to you to choose whether you go for the plain, cheesy, or chili Doritos. You can put a tasty, spicy dish on the table for dinner.
Browned Chicken And Salsa
- chicken legs thighs, wings (2 each)
- Tbsp. butter cooking oil or olive oil
- your favorite salsa
- Use chicken legs, thighs and wings from Paul’s Baked Chicken Breast.
- Brown in butter.
- Add your favorite salsa. Cover and simmer until chicken pieces are done. Do not allow salsa to break down.
- Simmer approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice, pasta, potatoes or polenta.
Perhaps one of the easiest recipes in the world, just brown the chicken in butter and mix it with your favorite salsa while it’s still hot and you’re ready to go. If you’re on a diet, you can also serve it with a delicious salad. How easy was that?
Chicken And Broccoli
- 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can broccoli cheese soup
- 1/3 cup water or milk
- 2 cup broccoli flowerets
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Over medium heat, heat margarine in small skillet.
- Cook the chicken for 10 minutes, or until browned on both sides.
- Spoon off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken and broccoli are tender to forking.
- Stir occasionally.
Chicken can be combined with almost anything. Of course, it’s tasty with broccoli. Cut the chicken into strips and follow the instructions above. You can serve the finished meal with rice, chips or even pasta.